Early Intervention Services
Early Intervention Services are effective ways to address the needs of infants and toddlers with developmental delays or disabilities. The primary reasons for intervening early with exceptional children are :
- To enhance the child’s normal development
- To help the child to develop to his/her fullest potential
- Creating a strong base for training at later stages
- To provide support and assistance to the family
Timing of intervention becomes particularly important when a child runs the risk of missing an opportunity to learn during a state of maximum readiness. If the most teachable moments or stages of greatest readiness are not taken advantage of, a child may have difficulty in learning a particular skill at a later time.
Interventions offered at Navjeevan Early Intervention Center:
- Home Training Programs for 0-3 yrs.
- Classroom Programs with parents for 3-6 yrs
Our Aim……Achieving Holistic Development of the child.:
- Physical Development… including fine and gross motor function
- Cognitive Development
- Communication Development
- Social-Emotional Development or Adaptive Development.
Professionals use following therapies to achieve this goal:
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Music Therapy
- Special Education
- Mental Health Program